Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cross fit

So what do you all think about cross-fit? I say this as if I have followers... hmmm that needs to be changed. FOLLOW ME PEOPLE! I need accountability partners (I just started the 7 day arms challenge today, I was suppose to be done by today!!!)

Anywho my friend started going to a cross fit gym about 7 weeks ago. She looks AMAZING by the way. Totally has definition in her arms and starting to see a little in her back too. So I was looking up what exactly a cross-fit gym does. And it seems to me like it's weight lifting quickly (sometimes body weight, kettlebells, dumbells, weighted bars etc) enough that you get a cardio workout at the same time. Plus they throw in some running. Sounds awesome, BUT I love my gym I'm not about to spend $150/month to join a different one with people that are most likely in much better shape than I am (even though my friend says everyone is really nice lol) so I stumbled upon a blog that I LOVE.

http://calicrossfit.blogspot.com/

needless to say I have subscribed to their blog. I will get emails daily (which is awesome motivation) with their daily blog posts which are...... WORKOUT OF THE DAY(s) I gave today's a shot with the stuff I currently have at home and its amazing. I love this woman's idea to take the cross-fit idea and make it an at home workout you can do with 4 kids! (we have a lot in common!)

I did go to the gym this morning and did the Retro Step class. I typically like this class, its a good cardio workout but today they decided to turn the heat on right at the beginning of class. SOOOO not only was I sweating from my workout but I was sweating due to the HEAT blowing on me. EW. Was not an enjoyable experience for me and needless to say I half-assed it.

Feeling like I let myself down I logged on to http://calicrossfit.blogspot.com/ and did today's workout to make up for it, as well as starting my 7 day arms challenge. Here's the recap for fitness today:

55 minutes Retro Step with 10-12" step (burned 655 calories)
12 minutes of cross-fit/circuit training (burned 114 calories):
4.5 min cross-fit mamas
5 Front squats, 15 lbs
15 Crossfit sit-ups
4 Front squats, 15 lbs
15 Crossfit sit-ups
3 Front squats, 15 lbs
10 Crossfit sit-ups
2 Front squats, 15 lbs
10 Crossfit sit-ups
1 Front squat, 15 lbs
5 Crossfit sit-ups
I need a heavier kettlebell is what I have decided and I cant wait to be able to do more sit-ups per set

7 min arms with 5lb dumbells
10 pushups
24 bicep burners (8 full bicep curls, 8 curls half way up, 8 full bicep curls)
15 shoulder presses
10 pushups
15 tricep dips
5 burpees
15 rows
15 lateral raises
10 pushups
15 tricep kickbacks with 20 tricep pulse backs
30 second plank on elbows

Can't wait to get my dumbell weight up and do the 3 sets i'm suppose to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment